Je Mange



“I eat therefore I am”– Culinary Genius

Monday, September 04, 2006

Jeffrey Steingarten: The Man Who Ate Everything

I happily received this book for my birthday last. I'm sure there are heaps of reviews of this book out there, let me be brief. Nearly every page was a delight to read, every second page encouraged chuckles and laughter.

I've yet to try any of the recipes but am eager to. I simply don't have the time or funds to rush out and try them all immediately. I will certainly post regarding those misadventures.

In closing I will unabashedly advise each and every one of you to rush out and buy this book for yourselves and loved ones (Barring that try your local library or liberating it from an undeserving relative). I can say this since only those who enjoy food a great deal would be reading my blog (know thy audience).

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Nerine said…

    gush, gush, gush.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Shayo said…

    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have yet to read the entire book but the parts I have read were witty and interesting. Jeffrey Steingarten could write an essay about marzipan and I'm sure I'd find it fascinating!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home