Je Mange



“I eat therefore I am”– Culinary Genius

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yes I'm still eating; we're still eating but little documentation.

Recently I sauteed pork chops, braised pork shoulder and tossed our new favourite eggo noodles.

The pork chops came out fantastic. I just used salt (a lot of it, enough that you'd think you're over salting it) and fresh black pepper. Season both sides and let it sit for 30 min or more depending on thickness. I dusted some with flour, you could also pat them dry but even the ones I didn't dust came out golden brown. I used a good amount of oil heated up quite high but not so high that the pan/chop burned before it was cooked. Don't over crowd the pan. These chops are delicious when done right, that is seasoned well and browned well. They're great with the aggressively flavoured noodles, sliced over top.

For the braised pork shoulder I cut a large piece into smaller pieces; a little smaller than 2 golf balls together. I used a Singapore braise recipe I've often used for ribs in the past. After braising until super tender I removed the meat and reduced the liquid, letting the meat sit in the liquid over night helps tremendously, and then you can easily degrease it too.

I've been buying a dry egg noodle with shrimp in it. they are thin yellow and delicious. I've just been cooking them al dente and then tossing with canola, oystersauce, a little fish sauce, sriracha and toasted sesame oil at the end. Sauteed and fresh veggies often go on top or the side but lately I leave them separately so everyone can take as much as they want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home