Je Mange



“I eat therefore I am”– Culinary Genius

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Soul Seasoning

Spice Supreme has a new ace up its sleeve; atleast I think its new, I've never seen it before. I enjoy looking through the spices to discover their new concoctions.

Mama'soul sea-zon-nin is comprised of salt, black pepper, red pepper, garlic, onion, 'spices', oleoresin paprika & calcium stearate; in that order.

On Sunday the ball'n'chain and I went to Astoria to get a free stock pot. Sadly the R rain failed us and we got out and walked, figured it wouldn't be too bad. We ended up walking 30 plus blocks at top speed. After securing the 32 qt mammoth we felt a bit peck-ish; enter Mike's Diner, just off the last stop on the N train. We both decided upon the goo'ol hamburger deluxes.

These burgers come with fries, onion rings, pickles, lettuce, tomato (two slices) and slaw. We were very excited about the onion rings; sadly we only received two each; we ordered a side of onion rings. The fries were good, above decent; not as crisp as I'd have liked. The burgers were tasty and juicy, decently sized at 7 oz.

After finding this jewel seasoning I decided we would have another go at hamburgers (after listening to the woman rave about them and the need to visit other burger joints). I seasoned both burgers with salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I also worked in some bread soaked with milk; apparently it helps keep well done patties moist. I dusted the soul seasoning on both sides of my slab of meat.

We ate our beef on sesame seed buns with sautéed onions. The only other condiment used was ketchup. Interestingly enough compared to Mike's meat ours was discernibly larger. Likely Mike uses rather fatty cow.

Conclusion: we both found the burgers very tasty but found that mine was more so.

I'm forced to reconsider my culinary endeavours; perhaps my dishes need a little more soul....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought the fries were more than above decent. The onion rings were ok, a bit soggy and bland. Your burgers definitely rivals Mike's though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home